(WBRE) What was supposed to be a fire call turned into a public health issue as crews discovered nearly 100 birds inside a home in Hazleton, Pennsylvania.
The birds were found in the basement of the home on Wednesday afternoon when firefighters responded to a call for a malfunctioning wood stove.
The birds were being raised in the basement.
“They really shouldn’t have chickens around not like that. I mean one or two for a pet I could understand I don’t know if they were raising them for fighting or just raising to sell them I don’t know what they were doing,” said Neil Blasko, a neighbor.
Read more: http://bit.ly/Ob7iiK