SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Three raids on apartments in Springfield’s Brightwood neighborhood Wednesday ended with the arrests of seven alleged drug dealers.
Police Sgt. John Delaney told 22News that around 2:00 P.M., narcotics detectives simultaneously raided 9 Orchard St., 29 Orchard St., and 100 Division St., Apartment 301.
According to Delaney, the raids came following a heroin distribution investigation that had been going on over the past month.
Inside the apartments, police allegedly found heroin, cocaine, marijuana, and class “E” pills, as well as $4,601 in cash.
The following suspects, all Springfield residents, were arrested:
- Alex Garcia, 23, of 44 Kamuda St.
- Luis Garcia, 21, of 29 Orchard St.
- Jennifer Cruz, 28, of 29 Orchard St.
- Ramon Luis Melendez, 30, of 9 Orchard St.
- Victor Moctezuma, 25, of 55 Orchard St.
- Jose Orta, 19, of 11 Horace St.
- Joseph Ortiz, 20, of 21 Daytona St.
They are being charged with possession of heroin with intent to distribute, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of a class E substance with intent to distribute, conspiracy, and violation of a drug-free school zone.
They were scheduled to be arraigned Thursday in Springfield District Court.