Bad medicine

bad medicine

(WLWT) A Kentucky third-grader is recovering after getting medicine at school that was supposed to go to a classmate.

9-year-old Dylan Davis, a student at Collins Elementary in Florence, said he was mistakenly given medication when taken to the school nurse’s office.

According to his parents, the boy was given 10 milligrams of Adderall and 10 milligrams of Tenex.

He had been at the office the day before because of an upset stomach, but the medication dispensed to him Thursday — as confirmed by the district — was prescribed to someone else.

“They made me feel down and my throat was getting clogged up and my face was all tingly,” Dylan said a couple of hours after leaving Children’s Hospital.

He recalls barely being able to stand up.

Read more: http://bit.ly/1fC5RQ0

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s