Fire at Chicopee home

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Two people were forced from their Chicopee home after a fire there early Friday afternoon.

Chicopee Deputy Fire Chief Dean Desmarais told 22News that they were called to the home on Champagne Avenue just before 12:30 P.M.

Desmarais said that the fire started outside the home and traveled up the wall to the attic area, where most of the damage occurred.

No one was hurt. Desmarais said that the fire was accidental, and is believed to have been caused by some burnt materials that were disposed of improperly.

The electricity to the building was cut as a precaution, and the residents are not able to return to the house for the time being.

Comments are closed.