CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Looking for an easy app for your next party? Tom Walsh, the executive chef at Mission Cantina in Amherst showed us how to make Scallop Ceviche!
Mission Scallop Ceviche
- 1 Pound fresh Dry Scallops
- (From a reputable fish monger)
- 1/2 Cup fine dice Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup each fine dice red, and Yellow Bell Peppers
- 2 Jalapeños fine dice
- 1/4 Cup chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup chopped Chives
- 1 Cup fresh lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Hot sauce ( optional)
- Drop Scallops into boiling salted water for 3-4 seconds, and quickly plunge into iced water to shock them and stop cooking process.
- Place scallops on a towel and place in fridge while prepping other ingredients.
- Remove scallops and chop to desired size.
- First combine all dry ingredients except chives. Then incorporate juice, oil, hot sauce if desired. Salt and pepper to taste, and toss.
- Pour into serving bowl and top with chives.