CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – If you’re planning on throwing a Jack and Jill to kickstart your wedding you’re going to need some delicious appetizers! Chad Flasinski from Taylor’s Tavern in Greenfield showed us how to make Sausage Stuffed Artichokes and Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp.
Sausage Stuffed Artichokes
- 4lbs ground sweet sausage
- 1Tbs. fennel seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients and cook off in a sauté pan.
- When its done take off the stove and grind down completely in a food processer. Should resemble a sausage paste.
- 2 heads of Fennel
- 1 qt. Heavy cream
- 3oz. Grated parmesan
- Cut fennel in half and boil for 15-20 minutes. Add heavy cream and reduce to half.
- Remove fennel halves and add parm cheese, slow simmer for 5 minutes and remove from stove.
- Assemble approx. 120 halved artichokes on a sheet tray and stuff inch size balls of sausage into them.
- Once they are stuffed, cook in the oven at 400 for 8 minutes, remove and top with warm sauce. Serves 60
Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped BBQ Shrimp
- 3lbs Peeled and deveined 21-30 Shrimp
- 2.5lbs Jalapeno Bacon
- 90 toothpicks
- 1qt. BBQ sauce
- Cut bacon in 1/3rds. Assemble by wrapping bacon around shrimp and picking as you go.
- Once the are all assembled, turn a large skillet on high and work fast. Once the pan is hot the shrimp will cook fairly quickly. You’re looking for a white texture and crispy bacon.
- Drizzle with BBQ sauce before, and/or after! Serves 50.