CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Even though watching your weight can be difficult, it doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice the foods you love, like chocolate! Leslie Cerier, the Organic Gourmet from LeslieCerier.com, shared two healthy chocolate recipes with us!
Dark Chocolate Coconut Soup
2- 13.5 oz cans organic coconut milk
1 tablespoon grated organic ginger
1 1/3 cups organic dark chocolate chips or 2 – 3.5 oz chocolate bars, at least 70%, broken into squares
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
1 pint fresh or frozen organic strawberries or raspberries
- Warm the coconut milk in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and chocolate. Stir occasionally to melt the chocolate. Add vanilla and berries. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if desired.
- With ginger and berries, you have a great hot chocolate coconut soup. Serve it in wine glasses for the ultimate elegant hot chocolate drink. Refrigerate it overnight and voila you will have a fabulous chocolate mousse. Great party food hot or cold!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Teff Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups teff flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, optional
- 1 1/8 cups peanut butter
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the teff flour and salt, if using. Set aside.
- Place the peanut butter, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla in a food processor, and blend until creamy. Add to the flour along with the chocolate chips, and stir to form a moist dough.
- Shape the dough into walnut-sized balls, and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet about 3/4-inch apart. Flatten gently with a fork.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until they lose their shine. Remove from the oven.
- Cool at least 10 minutes before serving.