CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Food and entertainment expert Liz Corbett showed us how to make some delicious Valentine’s Day appetizers for two!
Valentine Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 lb. frozen or fresh jumbo shrimp (or large)
- 1-2 Red bell peppers
- Wooden skewers for grilling, soaked in water first
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- Juice from one orange (or ¼ cup)
- Melt butter, and add minced garlic, olive oil, salt, dried dill, and orange juice. Whisk until blended. Place shrimp into large heavy duty sealable freezer bag. Add marinade and squeeze out most of the air and seal. Place on plate or shallow bowl and refrigerate for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
- Cut red peppers in half and remove seeds. Cut heart shapes out of large pieces that will fit inside the curve of the shrimp heart shapes.Remove shrimp from marinade (and discard marinade) and place onto 2 parallel skewers to form heart shapes. (One shrimp first, threaded top and bottom to form half the heart, then the other , curving in opposite direction.)
- Heat grill pan, gas grill or heavy fry pan to medium high. Grill for 2 min. approximately ,each side. They should be white in the middle. Do not cook too long or they will be rubbery. Remove and keep warm.
- Grill red pepper pieces just until seared, or leave raw.
- Place mixed greens on rectangle or oblong plate or platter, lay the shrimp kabobs over and place red pepper heart shapes in the middle of the shrimp. Serve immediately.