CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – It’s Chocolate Week on Mass Appeal! All week long we’re featuring delicious recipes with chocolate in them! Chef Pengyew Chin, owner of Pengyew Catering, showed us how to make some delicious chocolate florentine cookies!
Chocolate Florentine Cookies
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups nuts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 tbsp crystallized ginger
- chocolate coating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat heavy cream, butter and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stir to dissolve sugar and all the ingredients are well mixed. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl mix together the chopped nuts, flour and crystallized ginger.
- Fold the mixture into the liquid ingredients (while still warm).
- Drop by small teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool before removing from cookie sheet.
- Drizzle the chocolate coating decoratively onto the cookies.