CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Are you having trouble getting your kids and grandkids to eat their vegetables? Molly Merrett from BeetsandBarley.com came on Mass Appeal to show us how to make a Mexican Chocolate Torte with a secret ingredient, sweet potato!
Mexican Chocolate Sweet Potato Torte
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tbs. milk of your choice
- Combine the almond flour, brown rice flour, cocoa, salt and spices in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potato puree, the maple syrup and the vanilla extract.
- Beat the eggs and add to the sweet potato mixture. Add the dry ingredients to the wet.
- Spread into a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes, remove sides of pan, let cool 20 more minutes.
- Melt chocolate and milk over low heat in a small sauce pan, and spread over the top.
- Let stand until chocolate sets.