CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – There’s nothing like starting the day off right with a delicious breakfast. Ann Macey, the author of Ann’s Table For Two, came onto Mass Appeal to make Rum Raisin French Toast.
Rum Raisin French Toast
- 2 tsp. butter, softened
- 3 slices cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1 egg
Maple Rum Sauce
- 1/4 C. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. butter
- Dash of rum extract
- In a medium-large bowl; melt butter in microwave for about 15 seconds.
- Add cubed bread and toss until coated with butter.
- Spread bread cubes into a glass 8″ x 4″ x 2″ loaf pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using the same bowl; combine brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, milk, and egg with a wire whisk. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes making sure that all bread is wet.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 20-22 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to set for 3-5 minutes before serving with Maple Rum Sauce.
- In a small microwaveable cup; heat all 3 sauce ingredients until heated through, about 15 seconds. Yield: 2 servings.