Maine girl’s cellphone catches fire in her pocket

Courtesy: Apple, Inc.
Courtesy: Apple, Inc.

KENNEBUNK, Maine (AP) — The “stop, drop and roll” mantra came in handy for a Maine eighth-grader when her cellphone caught fire in her pocket at school.

Kennebunk middle school Principal Jeff Rodman tells The Portland Press Herald that the girl heard a popping sound Friday morning and smoke started billowing around her.

Boys were herded from the room so the 14-year-old girl could shed her flaming pants. She also did the “stop, drop and roll” move to help put out the fire. She was treated at a hospital.

Her mother had given her the Apple iPhone 5C two months earlier.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s