CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Want a great dessert but don’t have the time? Lauren Kendzierski, owner of the food truck Chanterelle To Go out of Northampton, showed us how to make Caramel Apple Tart and Ginger Lemon Fruit Trifle.
Caramel Apple Tart
- 1 jar caramel sauce, or 1 cup homemade
- 1 large jar of applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, available in the freezer section
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread out dough on a cookie sheet. Spread applesauce out to 1 inch from the edges.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce. Crimp edges.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Ginger Lemon Fruit Trifle
- 1 Sleeve of ginger snap cookies
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 lemon
- 1 bag of frozen berries, whatever you like best (we love raspberries)
- Pour berries into a sieve over a bowl.
- Microwave until thawed, approx. 1 minute.
- Mix zest & juice of one lemon into yogurt.
- In a glass trifle dish, bowl, or individual glasses, layer in this order: cookie, yogurt, fruit & repeat until dish is full. Drizzle with the berry juice.