Students sent home due to electrical smell

mohawk trail regional

BUCKLAND, Mass. (WWLP) – Students at Mohawk Trail Regional Middle and High School were sent home early Friday morning, due to an electrical burning smell in the building.

According to a statement from Superintendent Michael Buoniconti posted on the district’s website, students were sent home around 9:15, after the odor entered the school’s ventilation system.

“I do apologize for any inconvenience caused by this unanticipated very early release, but the safety of our students and staff is always paramount,” Buoniconti wrote.

The source of the odor has not yet been found.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s