SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A malfunctioning sprinkler system caused big problems in a downtown Springfield apartment block.
Springfield Fire Spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News a small stove fire activated the sprinklers in a fourth floor apartment at the Morgan Square apartments Friday evening.
The fire was quickly put out, but the sprinklers didn’t shut off, causing damage to several units in lower floors. 22News was told that there was extensive water damage to a ground floor business at 1594 Main Street.
No one was hurt, and everyone will be allowed to stay in their homes.