SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – MGM Springfield has responded to each of the three communities petitioning for money from the casino developer.
MGM sent letters to the Gaming Commission objecting to petitions from Northampton, Longmeadow and Hampden as surrounding communities.
MGM has already agreed to surrounding community agreements with Chicopee, Ludlow, Wilbraham, East Longmeadow, Holyoke and Agawam. MGM has also designated West Springfield as a surrounding community, but has not reached an agreement yet.
MGM has also objected to the petitions sent in by the “Big E”, Majestic Theater in West Springfield and Hanover Theater in Worcester. Those petitions are based on impacting Live Entertainment venues.
The Gaming Commission is expected to rule on these petitions in early February.
- Northampton’s petition A
- Northampton’s petition B
- Northampton’s petition C
- MGM’s response to Northampton
- Longmeadow’s petition
- Longmeadow’s petition and exhibits
- Longmeadow’s certificate of service
- MGM’s response to Longmeadow
- Hampden’s petition
- MGM’s response to Hampden
- Majestic Theater’s petition
- Hanover Theater’s petition
- Eastern States Exposition’s petition
- MGM’s responses to the Eastern States Exposition (Big E), the Majestic Theater and the Hanover Theater