Families forced from hotel after fire

quality inn fire

GREENFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Fire caused heavy damage to a hotel in Greenfield that houses homeless families.

There were no reported injuries, however the first floor of that hotel has been deemed uninhabitable because of smoke damage.

Firefighters were called to the Quality Inn on Route 2 around 10 Friday morning. There wasn’t any apparent damage on the outside of the hotel but residents who live on the first floor will not be able to go back in at this time.

Greenfield Fire Chief Robert Strahan told 22News the fire was caused by a heating unit in one of the rooms. That room suffered the most damage.

We are still waiting to hear how many families were affected by this fire and what type of assistance they will need.

blog comments powered by Disqus