HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) – The Holyoke Police Narcotics Vice Unit arrested 8 suspects Thursday after conducting a search warrant at an Elm Street apartment building.
According to Holyoke Police Lt. Jim Albert, after an on-going investigation into illegal narcotics distribution at 177 Elm Street apartments 1R and 3R, police arrested 8 suspects and seized guns and drugs.
Lt. Albert said officers seized a loaded .22 caliber Smith & Wesson semi-automatic handgun, a stun gun, cash, several ounces of marijuana, cocaine, numerous bags of heroin and packaging materials.
The suspects arrested were:
- Jose Concepcion, age 33, of Holyoke.
- Jeannie Jimenez, age 22, of Holyoke.
- Angel Ramirez, age 31, of Holyoke.
- Luis Vendrell, age 25, of Holyoke.
- Izaida Gonzalez, age 22, of Holyoke.
- Jose Rivera, age 29, of Holyoke.
- Ernesto Pedraza, age 50, of Holyoke.
- Guillermo Otero, age 30, of Holyoke.
All of these suspects were charged with various narcotics charges reflecting the possession and distribution of illegal narcotics, said Lt. Albert. He said the offenses happened within 300 feet of the Holyoke Day Nursery on Chestnut Street.
In addition to the narcotics charges Luis Vendrell was also charged with:
- Possession of Firearm without an LTC
- Possession of Ammo without an FID Card
- Possession or Carrying a Loaded Firearm
- Illegal Possession of a Stun Gun
- Receiving Stolen Property Over $250
The suspects were arraigned in Holyoke District Court earlier Friday.
177 Elm Street apartment was also the location of the shooting incident earlier last week in which a school bus with children on board was struck.
Holyoke Police Narcotics/Vice Unit; members of The Hampden County Narcotics Task Force (HCNTF); members of The FBI’s Western Mass Gang Task Force (GTF); members of The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Task Force (ATF) and Troopers on The Massachusetts State Police Stop Team all helped in the arrest.