HOLYOKE, Mass. (WWLP) - The Holyoke Police Narcotics Vice Unit arrested 8 suspects Thursday after conducting a search warrant at an Elm Street apartment building.
According to Holyoke Police Lt. Jim Albert, after an on-going investigation into illegal narcotics distribution at 177 Elm St. apartments 1R and 3R, police arrested 8 suspects and seized guns and drugs.
Lt. Albert said seized in the search warrant was a loaded .22 caliber S&W semi-automatic handgun, a stun gun, cash, several ounces of marijuana, cocaine, numerous bags of heroin and packaging materials.
The suspects arrested were:
- Jose Concepcion, age 33, of Holyoke.
- Jeannie Jimenez, age 22, of Holyoke.
- Angel Ramirez, age 31, of Holyoke.
- Luis Vendrell, age 25, of Holyoke.
- Izaida Gonzalez, age 22, of Holyoke.
- Jose Rivera, age 29, of Holyoke.
- Ernesto Pedraza, age 50, of Holyoke.
- Guillermo Otero, age 30, of Holyoke.
All of these suspects were charged with various narcotics charges reflecting the possession and distribution of illegal narcotics, said Lt. Albert.
Lt. Albert told 22News, that the offenses happened within 300 feet of the Holyoke Day Nursery on Chestnut Street.
In addition to the narcotics charges Luis Vendrell was additionally charged with:
- Poss. of Firearm w/out an LTC
- Poss. of Ammo w/out an FID Card
- Poss. or Carrying a Loaded Firearm
- Illegal Poss. of a Stun Gun
- Receiving Stolen Property Over $250
The suspects were arraigned in Holyoke District Court earlier Friday.
177 Elm St. apartment is also the location of the shooting incident earlier last week in which a school bus with children on board was struck.
Holyoke Police Narcotics / Vice Unit; members of The Hampden County Narcotics Task Force (HCNTF); members of The FBI’s Western Mass Gang Task Force (GTF); members of The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Task Force (ATF) and Troopers on The Massachusetts State Police Stop Team all helped in the arrest.