Fire prevented at Hatfield mobile home

hatfield smoke incident

HATFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Hatfield and Whately firefighters were called to a mobile home at 139 West Street in Hatfield, following a report of smoky conditions there.

Smoke scorched the insulation underneath the back corner of mobile home #19 at the Oakledge Estates.  Hatfield Fire Chief William Belden told 22News that the smoke was reported around noontime.

Chief Belden says that homeowners cutting the power immediately prevented a fire. Two people were home at the time of the incident, but no one was hurt.

Belden said that the incident was caused by electrical tape around the water service pipe that enters the home.

Crews are currently working to restore power and gas service to the mobile home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s